Lara Croft will be struggling to survive once more in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the third and final game in the reboot trilogy following Lara’s origins. There’s a strong emphasis on stealth this time around, as Lara is greatly outnumbered by Trinity forces in the thick of a South American jungle. She also just so happens to have triggered a li’l ol’ apocalypse thanks to her somewhat selfish actions, which seems out of step with her character; hopefully this hardened iteration of Lara will eventually win us over like in the previous games.
- Developer: Eidos-Montréal, Crystal Dynamics
- Publisher: Square Enix
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Players: Single player, Co-op
- Release: September 14, 2018
- Platforms: Xbox One X, Xbox One, PS4, PS4 Pro, PC Software, and PC Digital
Experience Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
- Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.
- Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.
- Discover Dark and Brutal Tombs: Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles.
- Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.
Would you like to subscribe to this post?