Ring Of Elysium is definitely an underdog in battle royale games. In my review, I found it to be better than PUBG in many ways. The new updates released in January & February bring a ton of new content into the game, with an all-new Europa Island Map, a BMX Bike, Weapon & Vehicle Skins, along with improvements to the game’s stability, performance, and graphics.
Europa Island Map
The Europa Island Map is quite the opposite of what we’ve seen with Ring Of Elysium’s original map, which was set in a snowy environment with the snowstorm ‘Ymir’ closing in the map. In this new map, there’s a volcano instead and it has a very tropical setting. There are new vehicles and ways of travel – a BMX Bike, Grappling Hook, and even a Submarine for underwater travel.
The update also brings the MG4 and PKM weapons. The map features Ring Of Elysium’s signature dynamic weather systems, which cycles through typhoons, thunderstorms, and sunny weather in the match.
The Weapon Skins system has also been introduced in a patch released recently, which can be unboxed from Supply Boxes. There are two supply boxes introduced, known as the “Electrified” and “Blaze” Weapon Skin Supply Boxes. Depending on your luck, you could get a rare or common skin. Just like the character skins, these weapon skins are purely cosmetic and don’t impact the core gameplay in any way.
Adventurer Pass Season 2
The Adventurer Pass Season 2 brings three new characters – Alfonso, Bradley, and Sylvia. There are unique skins and more styles unlock as you progress to higher tiers.
- The Adventurer Pass is separated into two parts:
- The first part being the Free Pass, all players can obtain rewards by increasing their Adventurer Tiers without any sort of payment
- The second part is the Adventurer Pass, which is available for purchase for 950 E-Points, a premium in-game currency obtained with real-world money via Steam payment (1000 E-Points is equivalent to $9.99 USD)
- Players will immediately get a handful of rewards upon purchasing the Adventurer Pass based on their Adventurer Tier, including two base Adventurer Characters: Phantom- Sylvia and Sergeant- Bradley! Players will also get access to exclusive Adventurer weekly challenges, etc.
- In addition, players don’t have to purchase the Adventurer Pass right away for the fear of missing out, players can buy the Adventurer Pass at any time during the season and retroactively earn the premium rewards based on the season tier that they have already reached!
- As you play, players can level up their seasonal character levels by accumulating experience points in-game, each character level will reward a certain amount of Adventurer Badge(s). Completing daily and weekly challenges will also reward Adventurer Badges accordingly, 10 Adventurer Badges will increase players’ Adventurer Tier by one, unlocking a variety of rewards
- As always, none of the rewards in the Adventurer Pass affects game balance and all unlocked rewards stay forever!
- Weekly Challenge Missions will provide a large quantity of Adventurer Badges and character experience points to help players increase their character levels and Adventurer Tiers. The Season Two will provide 10 set of Weekly challenge missions, the first eight weeks’ challenge missions will provide a large quantity of Adventurer Badges. The last two weeks’ challenge missions will provide a large amount of character experience points. As the season progresses, one set of weekly challenge missions will be unlocked every week, and the already unlocked weekly missions can be completed at any time throughout the season