PUBG’s Update 22 will also bring some quality of life changes in the game as well.
PUBG is keeping up with their promise to FIX PUBG. Their recent Update 22 will bring about new UI features as part of the FIX PUBG campaign. Also, keeping in mind to make the game esports ready, PUBG has also brought a new ranking system, finally.
The new Ranking System:
There will be eight ranks in total which will be decided by ranking points. To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches. Rank promotion or demotion will be decided by total rank points.
Server and region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region. If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on
Fix PUBG quality of life improvements:
- WHEEL MENUS: Added UI that allows players to access a quick-select wheel (similar UI with the Emote system) for the quick selection of items without opening the inventory or pressing individual hotkeys.
- MINIMAP: Players can now further magnify the minimap.
- PLAYER ORDER CONSISTENCY: Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
- FRIEND UI: Friend UI has been improved to show logged out / disconnected teammates.
- Three new icons represent High latency, Latency variation, Packet loss
- High latency: Alerts you if your ping/latency is getting too high
- Latency variation: Alerts you if your latency variation changes are too high
- Packet loss: Alerts you if your ratio of packet loss is too high
There are also a host of bug fixes in the new update. Update 22 has hit the test servers and will later on come to live servers.