It’s been over a week since the beginning of the Steam Grand Prix Summer Sale 2019. Like every sale, games are available at incredible discounts. If you want to stock up your Steam library, now is a really good time. However, this sale comes with another major perk apart from traditional game discounts. You can participate in an activity called Steam Grand Prix 2019. It’s a virtual race where players choose to be a part of one of the five teams – Corgi, Hare, Tortoise, Cockatiel, or Pig.
Players can gain points by simply playing their Steam games and completing achievements. Achievements that you’ve completed before in any game can also be used to gain points by playing the game for 30 minutes during this sale. These points can be used to boost the speed of the team you’ve chosen. Once you’ve boosted a team, these points get converted into tokens. Tokens which you’ve earned during the last Steam Lunar Sale will also be automatically converted to Grand Prix tokens. You can use these tokens at a virtual Pit Stop to gain summer sale Levels. Each summer sale Level cost 10 tokens.
Gaining summer sale Levels gives you Steam XP which increases your Steam Profile Level. The number of points you can boost depends on your Maximum Boost Point Limit. This maximum limit can be increased by gaining certain achievements in Steam, by completing certain tasks, and by making purchases during this sale. Each purchase of Rs 100 increases your Max Point Limit by 430. Regardless, your Max Point Limit will increase by 100 everyday till the end of the Grand Prix event.
If you’re an active Steam user then you probably keep tabs about these things. But what you may not know that there’s an even easier method to gain summer sale points during this sale. A recent Starbound mod named “Summer Sale Soda Mod” let’s you craft 500 Sodas for 1 Dirt. You may ask, “what good it’ll do?” Well, here’s the thing. Each Soda that you craft and drink in Starbound, gives you 10 summer sale points. We’ve already discussed how these points can be eventually used to increase Steam profile levels. So why not make use of this Starbound mod while you still use it to increase Steam level?
Step-by-step guide to increase steam level.
Note: For anyone who jumped straight to the steps, make a note that we will be using the Starbound mod, “Summer Sale Soda Mod” to increase Steam level.
- This of course goes without saying, you have to buy Starbound on Steam first. The game costs Rs 311. You can also buy a four user pack for Rs 557 and gift the 3 extra copies to your friends. You can buy the game here – https://store.steampowered.com/app/211820. If you already own the game, ignore this step.
- Subscribe to the Summer Sale Soda Mod for this game. You can find this workshop content here – https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1780994893.
- Run the game. Collect Dirt and Craft them into Sodas. You’ll get 500 Sodas for each Dirt so craft as much as you can.
- Now start drinking those Sodas. Each Soda drank will give you 10 summer sale points. Drinking so many Sodas requires lot of mouse clicks, therefore, you might want to run an external auto-click application software for your convenience.
- Keep checking your summer sale score. There’s no point in drinking Sodas if you’ve reached your Maximum Summer Sale Point Limit. Now use the points gained to boost your Grand Prix team and gain tokens. Use the tokens to gain summer sale levels which will result in more Steam XP, thereby, also increasing your Steam Profile level.
If you’re completely new to the game and don’t know the basics such as crafting and other controls, we’ve got that covered for you too.
- Run the game. Then click on Start game.
- Just below the character name textbox, you’ll find the option to choose your difficulty level. Set it to “Casual” for easier and uninterrupted crafting.
- You’ll also find a checkbox with the text “Skip intro mission” beside it. Click on that checkbox if you directly want to get into crafting straightaway.
- If you’ve not selected “Skip intro mission”, you have to play through the prologue. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself in a Spaceship.
- You can move with <A> and <D>, and jump with <Space>. You’ll have to press “E” to interact with the consoles in the spaceship. Interact with the required objects in the game. You’ll eventually have to go to the far left of the level and interact with it to beam down to a planet.
- Now here’s where the actual part begins. Press <R> to select your gun. You’ll be standing on Dirt. Click on the ground and collect Dirt. You’ll see your Dirt count bar appearing on the screen as you collect them. Each Dirt gives you 500 Soda so collect according to your needs.
- Press <C> to open the crafting menu. Select Soda and craft it. You will see a number while crafting Soda. It will be “1”. You can manually a number and click on “Craft” and then wait for the process to finish. Now, close the crafting menu by selecting the cross on the top-right of the menu.
- Press <I> to open inventory. Click on the icon which resembles food. You’ll see cans of Sodas along with some other items too.
- Click on a Soda can and keep on clicking until you finish drinking. Repeat the same step for all the other Soda cans.
- In case you are using an auto-clicker application software, follow these steps. Move your cursor to the top of the screen and click on any icon from the tab there. You’ll see that it has been replaced by Soda. Start this process from the right side of the top tab and slowly make it to the left. Some items will not be replaced but that is fine. Now press the required button (depends on auto-click software) to automatically start drinking Soda. Press that button again to stop. If you’re not using any auto-click software, ignore this step.
- You would accumulate a lot of summer sale points after drinking Soda for a few minutes. Don’t drink for too long if you have low Maximum Summer Sale Point Limit. Go to the Steam Grand Prix Summer Sale page and boost your team. Then use the received points to gain tokens and use tokens to gain Summer Sale levels. Increased summer sale Level will give you Steam XP which will increase Steam Level.
The Starbound Summer Sale Soda Mod hasn’t been patched yet. Therefore, you might want to pick up the pace if you want to quickly boost your Steam Level!