Twitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers and the things we love, which has slowly found its success with live streaming and on demand video gaining millions of daily viewers. However there are some amount of bugs that need to be resolved and one of the most common errors is the ‘5000: Content not available’ screen which affected quite a few users and was a widespread issue.
Causes of the error code ‘5000: Content not available’
- Cache and Cookies: Cache is the data stored by applications to reduce load times. Although, over time this might get corrupt and cause loading issues. In a similar manner, cookies are stored by websites to decrease the load time and they might behave similarly.
- Extensions: It is highly possible that certain extensions can cause this issue.
- Browser: Sometimes the browser being used to connect to the internet causes the error.
- DNS issue: it is also highly likely that your internet is experiencing DNS issues.
There are a few simple ways to fix this error:
- Clear the browser’s cache:
Clearing the browsers cache is a way to about helping to solve this error. Try to focus on clearing the cookies, cached images and files, and other site data. The easiest way to do this on most browsers is by hitting Ctrl + Shift + Delete together which will open up the ‘clear browsing data’ menu. Select all and delete it.
- Disable the extensions:
In certain cases, the disabling the extensions of the browser can be a fix to the error code ‘5000: Content not available’. The way to do that is as given:
- Click on the menu button on your browser and click the “more settings” option.
- Select the ‘extensions’option to open up a list of extensions installed in the browser.
- Make sure to disable all the extensions and you should be good to go.
- Flushing the DNS:
open command prompt in admin mode and enter the following commands:
➔ type ipconfig/flushdns (this shall clear up your DNS cache)
➔ then type ipconfig/release (releases current IP configuration)
➔ finally type ipconfig/renew (new IP address is assigned for your Computer by DHCP server)
Do wait for a success message after executing each of the above commands.
- Changing browser
If nothing else works try switching the browser you are using to connect to the site.
Would you like to subscribe to this post?