Gamers who have used the Square Enix gaming platform are no strangers to the error code i2501. This often pops up while the user’s payment is being processed, mostly in the Middle East and Asia region.
According to Square Enix, this error pops up when the user enters incorrect payment information which causes the financial institution of the card to reject the payment method.
Causes of Error Code i2501
Listed below are a few other possible reasons which might lead to the Square Enix Error Code i2501 code popping up:
- If the user enters incorrect payment details or doesn’t select the correct form of payment.
- If the debit/credit card is being used in a different country than the one it was issued in.
- If the user is using proxies or VPN then the payment gets declined to avoid scammers and safeguard the payment process.
- If the payment process failed more than twice within 24 hours, then the user’s card gets blocked from services on Square Enix. This block can range from 24 hours to 30 days.
Before moving on to the solutions part, make sure that there is enough funds available and no restrictions from the bank’s side.
Solution 1: Switch Off VPN and Proxies
Square Enix has an anti-scam system which keeps a check over flooding of bad request to its payment server and rejects payments made through VPNs and proxies.
Hence, the user must disable VPNs and proxies and try to complete the process with a normal internet connection. An open internet connection without any institutional firewalls is preferable.
Note: If 2 attempts of payments have been made without success, please wait for 24 hours before trying again.
Solution 2: Payment Through Phone
This might sound really weird, but this works. Basically, trying the payment procedure on a different device or with a different ISP works in some cases.
Solution 3: Contacting Support
If none of the solutions above is fruitful, it’s time to make a ticket on the official support website of Square Enix. Click here to open the site and enter the following details:
- Exact error code
- Square Enix ID
- Item/Service which you are trying to use online
- Payment Method used
- Type of Card
- Your current location (Country)
- Card Issue location (Country)
- Name of the Bank
- Number of times the payment was rejected
Would you like to subscribe to this post?