Error 0 is quite common and has been in Pokémon Go for a long time. Although this error isn’t too much of a nuisance as there have hardly been any reports of this error causing any trouble. In few cases the “add friends” functionality was affected.
This error generally pops up on screen post some ingame action. Technically, error 0 means that there is no error. This glitch can pop up due to:
- Bad cache of the Game
- Problem with user setting on the user’s phone
- Issue with application.
Solution 1: Clear Pokémon Go Cache memory
Considering that bad cache files is the reason for this glitch, follow the steps below to clear out cache.
- Navigate to Settings on the Phone.
- Select Apps, and navigate to “Pokémon Go”.
- Here, select the storage option to enter the storage settings.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Now launch Pokémon Go and check if “Error 0” still pops up.
Solution 2: Clear Pokémon Go Data
In case clearing out the cache doesn’t work, it’s to hit the “Clear Data” button. It’s found in the same page as the “Clear Cache” option and removes the local game files. This option removes the login details of the user.
Now launch the game and wait for it to sync your progress. If the “Error 0” glitch still pops up, solution 3 is your last hope.
Solution 3: Reinstall Pokémon Go
In the worst case scenario, it’s always advisable to reinstall the application to get all settings on point. The developers also release small patches regularly which might have a fix or this error. Follow the steps below to reinstall Pokémon Go:
- Open Play Store.
- Search for Pokémon Go and open its page.
- Click on uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, click on install to get a fresh copy of Pokémon Go on your phone.