By now, we are all familiar with hero shooters. Team Fortress 2 rocked the industry for 20 years due to it’s fast paced gameplay and variety of player characters or heroes. While this game is still played by many, 2016 saw the release of another hero shooter named Overwatch. Overwatch was developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment; the idea for the game came from a portion of the team who was then working on Titan, now a cancelled MMORPG. Overwatch quickly rose to popularity receiving multiple awards including Game of the Year as well as being recognized as “one of the greatest video games of all time”. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One in May 2016, and for Nintendo Switch in October 2016. Many players, especially PS4 users, have reported that while trying to connect to Overwatch, they faced an error titled Error Code LC-202.
As mentioned above, error code LC-202 is an error in Overwatch that typically occurs while players are trying to connect to the game after launching it on their console. This error can be due to network issues on the player’s side or issues with account syncing and connectivity.
Here are some steps that you can take in order to solve Error Code LC-202 in Overwatch –
Re-linking your console account with Blizzard
It may happen that the fault is due to failure of synchronization between your PSN and Blizzard account. The solution to this is first unlinking your blizzard account and then linking it again. Here’s how you can do that –
- Open up your web browser.
- Log in to your Blizzard account.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- You will find a list of services with which you can link your Blizzard account. This list also includes those accounts with which your Blizzard account is already linked.
- From the list, find your PSN id and click on Unlink. You will find your PSN id removed from the list.
- Now click on the Add (+) icon beside PSN from the list. Add your PSN id to the list, thus linking it with your Blizzard account again.
Power cycle your devices
A complete power cycle of all your devices can solve error code LC-202 in Overwatch. You can perform a power cycle by following the steps below –
- Turn off your PC/Console.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi Router, Modem, or any other network device.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn on all the devices, one by one.
Check your internet connection
If problems persist, you should probably start looking at your network strength because slower internet connections or frequent ping losses may also interfere with your connection to Overwatch.
- For PlayStation 4, select Settings from the Home screen, go to Network, and select Test Internet Connection.
- In case you are facing Error Code LC-202 while trying to play Overwatch in Xbox One too, select Settings from Xbox Home, go to Network, and select Test Network Connection.
Overwatch can be really enjoyable minus these technical issues. And these applying these solutions will make sure you enjoy the game without any connection trouble.
Cover Image Credits: Dexerto