Origin Error 327684:1 often pops up when the user tries to install, download or upload a game or its DLCs. This error is not specific to any one game and pops up when certain files are not accessible by the Origin client.
Another case of this error popping up might be due to faulty or missing Visual C++ Redistributable installation. Visual C++ Redistribution installation files often come bundled with most games, and in the worst case scenario one can always download and install it manually.
Given below are a few solutions for Origin Error 327684:1.
Solution 1: Run as Admin
Granting administrator permissions to the Origin client solves loads of problems as many files which were previously not available to the Origin client will be available. This one solutions helps with most of the error codes which a user might come across.
- Locate the Origin executable or its shortcut. Right click on it and click on “Properties” from the pop up menu.
- Navigate to the “Compatibility” tab in the “Properties” window and check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator” option. Click OK to save the settings.
Now Origin will launch in administrator mode each time it’s launched with access to all those files which were not available earlier.
Solution 2: Installing Visual C++ Redistributable Manually
The Visual C++ Redistributable installation files usually gets downloaded along with the game but due to some interruption it might not get installed. Follow the steps below to locate and install it manually:
- Locate and open the Origin Games folder in your PC. The default location will be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games”.
- Open the game’s folder which gives you this error or any error associated with Visual C++ Redistributable and in the search bar type “vcredist_x86.exe” or “vcredist_x64.exe”.
- Double click on the installation file depending on your windows architecture. Finish the installation and launch your game.
Solution 3: Reinstall Origin
If none of the above solutions work then the only way out is to reinstall Origin Client. The user needn’t worry about the downloaded games as they won’t be deleted. Follow the steps below to uninstall Origin and remove its temporary files once you are logged in from the admin account:
- Open Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Locate “Origin” in the list of apps and click on uninstall.
- Once “Origin” is uninstalled, open “C:\Program Data\” and delete the Origin folder.
Now that “Origin” is removed from the PC download the installer and install it. Once the installation is complete, login and try to run the game.
That was our solution to fix Origin Error 327684:1. To check out more error solutions, click here.