Fortnite relies on few 3rd party applications like “EasyAntiCheat” to provide a better ingame experience. Fortnite Error Code 1058/20006 code pops up if the anti-cheat service doesn’t start properly. This may be because of corrupted files due to a failed update or maybe because an antivirus program quarantined some of the files.
Other reasons for Fortnite Error Code 1058/20006 popping up might be corrupted Fortnite files or incomplete windows update installation.
Solution 1: Repairing EasyAntiCheat
If the EasyAntiCheat files are corrupted or if some file is missing then this procedure will help solve the problem. Follow the steps below to repair the files:
- Navigate to the location where “EasyAntiCheats” is installed. The default location is “C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64/EasyAntiCheat”.
- Double click on “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe”.
- Once the installation system is loaded, click on “Repair Service”.
- Once the procedure is complete, restart the PC and start Fortnite.
Solution 2: Adding to Trusted List on Antivirus
This procedure varies from antivirus to antivirus. The 1st step would be to remove “EasyAntiCheat” files from the quarantine list first, if any of it is quarantined. Following this, add EasyAntiCheat to the list of trusted files/applications to further avoid this problem.
Solution 3: Verifying Fortnite Files
If the error code still pops up then there might be a problem with Fortnite’s game files. One doesn’t have to re-download the whole game to fix this. Simply verifying the game files will solve this problem. Follow the steps below to do the same:
- Navigate to the location where “Fortnite” is installed. The default location should look something like “C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64/”
- Locate “FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe” and delete the file.
- Now open Epic Games Launcher.
- Select “cog” on the “Launch” button under “Fortnite”.
- Select “Verify” from the drop down menu.
- This will verify the game files and reinstall few files as required.
- Restart the system and run the game.
Solution 4: Cleaning Windows Installation Files
After following all the above procedures, if the error code still persists then there might be an issue with Windows. This can be fixed easily using SFC (System File Checker) application. Follow the steps below to fix windows using SFC:
- Open Command Prompt as Admin.
- Type “SFC/scannow” and press enter.
- Once the procedure is complete, restart the PC and run the game.
That was our solution to fix Fortnite Error Code 1058/20006. To check out more error solutions, click here.