Explanation of Code Anteater
According to Bungie, this error code often pops up because of interruptions between host and client due to circumstances outside Bungie’s network. So, the user’s ISP or equipment are to be blamed here. It can either be a Wifi glitch or broken equipment leading to network failure resulting in this error.
Listed below are a few reasons and solutions for the error code:
Reason 1: WiFi Connection
If the user is still playing Destiny over wifi then it’s our humble request to get a wired connection as most of the error codes popping up are due to poor network or packet loss from the user end. When it comes to gaming, wired connection is a necessity, not a luxury!
Many users have also reported that, this error code along with multiple others were fixed after switching to a wired connection.
Reason 2: Faulty Cache
In the case of consoles, this error might be a result of faulty cache memory. Hence the only solution is to reset the cache memory.
For Xbox users, it’s advisable to back up and sync everything online as clearing cache might remove the saved games. There are 2 ways to clear cache:
1. Restarting Power Cycle
- The user presses the power button and holds it until the console shuts down.
- The user then removes the power cable from the Xbox and presses the power button a few more times to drain out any remaining power left. This should clean up the cache memory.
- The user then reconnects the power cable to the Xbox. Before the Xbox is switched on, the light located near the cable must turn to orange from white.
2. From Settings Menu
- The user navigates to Xbox One settings and clicks on Network > > Advanced Settings.
- The user then scrolls down to Alternate Mac Address option and chooses the ‘Clear’ option.
- The user will then be given another choice by Xbox if they want to continue as this will restart the console.
- The user then confirms his choice following which the console restarts and clears the cache along with it.
For PlayStation users there is no option to reset cache in the settings menu. Follow the steps given below to reset cache:
- The user turns off the console and unplugs the power cord.
- The user then leaves the console in the unplugged state for sometime before connecting the power cable and booting it up.
Reason 3: Faulty Equipment and Cables
If the user is still coming across the anteater error code then it’s time to call up the ISP. Once the user confirms that there is no connection problem from the service provider’s side, he/she must request a technician’s help to check the cables and equipment used. Most of the time it’s a faulty cable which once replaced does the job.