The Call of Duty franchise gave us some of the best single-player stories that first person shooter video game genre has to offer. Many of the characters from the franchise have been listed as one of the most critically acclaimed video game characters. As for the games, many of them had made their way to the top of video game sale charts, going as far as becoming the most sold games in certain geographical regions. Along with it’s single-player campaigns, the Call of Duty franchise has also received positive reviews for it’s cooperative and multiplayer gameplay. However, many players of Call of Duty: WWII, the franchise’s 2017 game, have reported that they have been facing a certain error titled Error Code 4220.
Error Code 4220 occurs when Call of Duty: WWII players attempt to launch it’s Multiplayer mode. While the normal assumption would be that the player’s device is unable to connect to the game’s servers due to internet issues, many players have found that the error can be on the server’s side too.
In case you’re facing error code 4220 in Call of Duty: WWII, you can follow the following steps to resolve the issue –
Check your internet connection
If the error is on your end, that’s probably because you are not connected to the internet or have an inconsistent internet connection. Therefore, you should quickly check your internet connection just to make sure everything is fine on your end.
- If you’re playing on a PC, go to the Start Menu, Click on the Settings icon, select Network and Internet.
- For PlayStation 4, select Settings from the Home screen, go to Network, and select Test Internet Connection.
- For Xbox One, select Settings from Xbox Home, go to Network, and select Test Network Connection.
Power cycle your devices
In many cases, power cycling the console and network devices can solve error 4220 while trying to play Call of Duty: WWII. Here’s how you perform a full power cycle.
- Turn off your PC/Console.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi Router, Modem, or any other network device.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then turn on all the devices, one by one.
Start Multiplayer after starting Nazi Zombies mode
This might sound a little strange but sometimes, running Call of Duty: WWII’s Nazi Zombie mode and then starting Multiplayer has actually solved error code 4220.
- Launch Call of Duty: WWII.
- Select Nazi Zombies from the main menu.
- Now, select the Multiplayer mode from the Nazi Zombies menu. The name for the Multiplayer mode may differ depending on your console.
These solutions have worked for many players who faced error code 4220 while trying to launch the Multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: WWII. If it worked for them, there’s a high chance that it’ll work for you too.
Cover Image: Medium