Fortnite Season 7 is here and along with it, the brand-new Battle Pass. The theme of the Season 7 is Christmas. Save The World got a lot of new additions but I will only be covering the updates to Fortnite: Battle Royale in this article.
Season 7 Battle Pass:
The Season 7 Battle Pass contains 7 new outfits which includes 2 new progressive ones, around 20 new emotes including the sprays, new pets, new toys, new contrails and much more. This time the Battle Pass features a brand new cosmetic item called Wraps. Wraps allow players to customize their weapons and vehicles in-game.
Battle Pass owners also get early access to their own island in Fortnite Creative for one week before the official launch. Fortnite Creative lets the players create their own island. You can edit island by yourself, or along with friends. Fortnite Creative will be released for everyone on December 13th, 2018.
Season 7 Intro Cinematic
In the intro cinematic, we see an Iceberg colliding with the island of Fortnite. Many new areas like Frosty Flights, Polar Peak and Happy Hamlet have been added to the map.
The Season 7 Map
Now we have the polar opposite to the Desert Biome on the map with the newly added Iceberg Biome. Greasy Grove has been completely frozen and we can only see the tops of the buildings that used to exist there.
You can still enter these buildings through the ceiling and observe the contents of Greasy Grove from within.
X-4 Stormwing Plane:
A new kind of vehicle – Air Planes have been added to the game with the X-4 Stormwing Plane. Here’s the official notes for the plane:
- 5 total seats – Seats 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun. Be careful, it can overheat.
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- Use the roll buttons for sharp turns. Pressing both will fly upside down. Double tapping roll buttons will do a barrel roll.
- Can boost and airbrake for extra mobility.
Other Important Changes:
Vaulted Items: The following items have been vaulted.
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
Ziplines: Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
Balloons: Balloons have been reworked.
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
For the complete list of patch notes for v7.00, visit Epic Games’ official website.