Fortnite Season 6 is here and along with it, the brand-new Battle Pass. This time the theme of the season is Halloween. Save The World got a lot of new additions but I will only be covering the updates to Fortnite: Battle Royale in this article.
Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass:
The season 6 Battle Pass contains 7 new skins, around 20 new emotes including the sprays, and many other goodies like banners and contrails. This time the Battle Pass features a completely new item called Pets. They can be equipped in the back-bling slot and they react to different things happening around the player. Check out Epic’s Season 6 Battle Pass trailer for more info:
The Intro Cinematic Clip:
The Cube that dropped in Paradise Palms left behind some runes as it travelled around the map, ultimately dissolving itself into the loot lake. In the opening clip of season 6, it was shown that the cube did not actually dissolve but just morphed itself, as it rose from the center of the lake, taking the Center Island and the Loot Lake Cabin along with it to form a Floating Island.
The areas in which the cube left the runes behind, became corrupted areas now, where completely new consumable items named Shadow Stones can be found. Consuming a Shadow Stone transforms the player into “Shadow Form”. While in Shadow Form, the player is affected as follows:
- Unable to use weapons.
- Become invisible to enemies when stationary.
- You become more visible and leave behind a Shadow Trail when moving.
- Gain increased movement speed, jump height and fall damage immunity.
- Gain a new ability, Phase, can be activated by pressing the Primary Fire button. It propels you in the direction you are facing, and allows you to pass through objects.
- The effect lasts 45 seconds but can be exited early by holding down Alt Fire button (aim down sights).
The Season 6 Map:
Along with the corrupted areas and the floating island, a few more new locations have been added like the Haunted Castle near Haunted Hills and The Corn Fields in Fatal Fields. This is how the new map looks like:
Other Important Changes:
- Impulse Grenade, Suppressed Submachine Gun, Light Machine Gun, Bouncer, and Remote Explosives have all been vaulted. They are all still available in the Playground mode.
- Added momentum functionality to Grapplers. When hitting a moving object (vehicle, player), its momentum will be added to your launch force.
- Double Barrel damage reduced from 143/150 to 114/120.
- Console – Input-Based Matchmaking: Players using a keyboard and mouse on PS4 will now be put into the PC matchmaking pool.
For more information on changes in Season 6, check out the patch notes.