War Robots it’s a combat shooter while controlling a robot developed by PIXONIC. So strategy in this game is really important as well as your weapons/robot. The main gameplay it’s base control with beacons Split in the map. If you fall in battle, your team will be in 5vs6 and so on, there is no revive, so strategy really plays an important role. I would personally consider this game as a Counter Strike with giant robots.
This is the place were you manage your robots, 5 differents hangars can be obtained, the first one being free. Each hangar has 5 slots to place your robots. Hangar is the main menu of War Robots were you repair your robots after each match and customize with weapons or buy new robots.
Each robot have different skills. I would recommend having a look at what every robot skill does so you can choose the one that you like the most.
Robots can be categorized into
- Light: highest mobility in the game and the perfect ones to capture beacons
- Medium: the mix of mobility and being a bit tanky, they are pretty well rounded for all game modes.
- Heavy: really slow robots but having a really huge firepower or being extremely tanky.
Can be divided into different categories, depending on what they shoot or the range.
- Kinetic: ballistic projectiles at high speed. They can also be categorized into close/medium/long range.
- Energy: shoots hot plasma or lasers. Specialize in dealing with protective shields. Can also be classified into close/medium/long range.
- Explosive: deal splash damage and damage nearby enemy robots even if they are using physical shield. They can be also divided into:
- Rockets: explodes upon impact, dealing area of damage.
- Homming missiles: locked on targets before firing. They will almost always hit the target.
There are several game modes that will be unlocked by just playing and levelling up.
- Domination: the main mode and the only one that had on release. You can win by either capturing beacons and holding until time finished having the greatest number of controlled beacons or by killing all your enemies’ robots.
- Beacon Rush: the difference to domination is that you can spawn your second robot on any controlled beacon. Your first robot spawns at the home spawn. (Unlocks at level 10)
- Team Deathmatch: there are no beacons here, just kill the enemies. This mode can be won by killing all enemy robots or scoring more kills than the enemy team when the timer drops to 0. (Unlocks at level 10)
- Free-for-All: battle royale with no allies. Your rank against other player will be valued by the damage dealed (Unlocks at level 15)
- Skirmish: temporary game mode introduced at weekends. You use a pre-set of robots to battle against other players. (Unlocks at level 15)
- Custom games: here you can play with your friends the game mode you want with a private game. There are no need of repairs after the game ends.
The best strategy to win in this game is to capture Beacons. (exception in Team Deathmatch mode, which has no beacons). You will won more matches because of controlling beacons than killing all the enemy team. The objetive should be to fight with the mind of getting the beacons. Cossack it’s a type of bot that specialize getting beacons, and can be really useful here. A good strategy can be to sneak into defenseless beacons and get them when there’s no battle so you can keep the pressure on.
It’s the main resource of this game, at first you will probably think that you have enough, but never is enought when upgrading and looking at the meta weapons or bots. So always have a really good amount of Silver to spend.
Never waste gold on rushing upgrades. Don’t be on a rush to finish the upgrades if you are going to play this game for a long time. Be sure to do your missions to earn 30 or 40 gold. They are a great way to earn gold.
The currency needed to activate modules to increase the power or utility of your robot. You can acquired them by purchasing with gold or battle rewards.
You should always have something upgrading. War Robots lets you do 1 at a time and it’s a bottleneck, so don’t waste any time. You need to upgrade everything you’ve got as high as you can to improve your gameplay
There are active modules, each robot can have one slot as the most. The active modules can offer a huge advantage at your fights, from repairing to shield breaking.
Passive modules: you purchase them with silver/gold. They offer permanent stat bonus or a special activation under some circumstances. These modules are up to three in each robot with the minimum of one.
They can be equipable to your robots. There are classified between Standard and Legendary pilots.
Each 10 levels the pilots gain, they will obtain a new rank, earning different skills. They can level up until 70.
Legendary pilots have skills as standard pilots, but they also have a unique skill that will be available when used on a specific robot.
You can obtain pilots by using gold and will appear on the “offers” screen.
Tips and tricks
I recommend searching for an active community to always understand the meta-game and ask any question of the game.
You will need gold to improve your equipment or adquire pilots. You should manage is the best you can.
Try planning some strategy with your team, this game can be a total chaos if playing just by your own.
Search for an active clan since playing in squad is always funnier than alone.
I really enjoyed playing this game. Firstly, I thought War Robots was a Counter Strike with robots. I played more and understandood it was a bit slower in action. My point of view of this game changed from a frenetic action shooter into a strategy shooter. If I analyze the graphics and animation, I find them really well done. Since they also have the same game in PC so maybe they just ported some of those graphics into the mobile version. To sum up, it can be really repetitive if you don’t enjoy this kind of games. If you do so, there is a huge arsenal of robots and weapons to try your best and surprise your enemies.
I hope you enjoyed this article, if you want to read more articles about mobile games click here