Marvel Future Fight is published by Netmarble, a fighting game with skills to use, chaining your basic attack with some cool animations for massive damage to all your foes. Marvel Future Fight as the name suggests, shows lots of superheroes from Marvel universe and villains as well, so if you love Marvel universe and fighting games, Marvel Future Fight is tailored for you.
First steps into the game
After downloading the game and playing a random fight with some given super heroes, the real tutorial begins, helping you to forge your first hero (was Captain America when I tried the game). After that you are jumping to the action in story mode doing quests. There you will learn about some basic gameplay of Marvel Future Fight. I will try to show some of the basic so you can get a better understanding of this game before you even download it to try.
Here you will see the missions and main events like battles, shops etc. And S.H.I.E.L.D Academy (mission tab) Also the main store, team and “Enter” (which allows you to select the game mode you want to play)
Affinity of characters
Your characters have different elements based on the colour they have, depending on which element they are, they will beat one and will be weak to other.
Having a different combination of two or three character brings a huge variety of buffs, for more info about the buffs I would recommend to read it in-game since it really vary from all the character the game has.
- Story: main way of following through the game, gaining prizes and materials to upgrade your characters.
- Dimension Mission: challenges to get upgrading materials, depending on the difficulty you will get higher and better rewards.
- Heroic Quest: same as dimension missions but even harder, will be unlockable later after clearing story 8-5.
- Epic quest: getting specific materials for a selected character by clearing their own missions. Will be unlockable after 1-5.
- Legendary battle: upgrading materials quests. You will get a pre-selected character to fight in those missions. These missions will re-create some lore of the Marvel universe. The only upgradable thing about the heroes or villains are the uniform they have boosting their permanent stats. If you also satisfy some extra conditions you can obtain even more rewards.
- World Boss: commonly found in lot of games. This is the end-game content of this game and were you will grind materials after beating different levels of difficulty, the hardest being World Boss Ultimate, finding there the best rewards to unlock your character potentials.
- Shadowland: floor-kind of game mode, where you will battle against characters in order to obtain really good rewards.
Arena: a specification, Alliances are clans.
- Timeline Battles: PVP mode, there you will battle against another playing, having a rooster of 3 heroes each.
- Alliance Battle: each member chooses three Heroes and you will fight against enemies and a boss to get rewards.
- Danger Room: fight again another player. In this mode you fight a boss and both of you compete to see who beat the boss faster.
- Alliance Tournament: typical clan war mode, the top 20 alliances will fight against each other.
- Battleworld: PVP with some criteria needed to play. The rooster here is 5 heroes.
- Alliance Conquest: clan war with territory control, three alliances are involved into one territory to see who controls it.
- Co-op play: eliminating other players and enemies to get rewards
- World Boss Invasion: the same rules as world bosses but with other players helping you.
- Giant Boss Raid: world boss but with your clan, getting enhancement materials.
- World Event: depending on the day the rooster will change, you will have to fight against a number of enemies with same tier, rank, gear etc. Depending on your best score you will get different rewards as well
- Crystal: premium currency
- Gold: main resource to upgrade
- Energy: stamina like other games
- Repeat tickets: tickets that let you auto-repeat without having to play that stage.
- Biometrics: needed to upgrade your character or summon it
- ISO-8: equipable fragments, are like runes in other games, giving bonus stats.
- EXP Chips: neede material for faster levelling up.
- Gear materials : materials to upgrade the gear of your characters (obtainable in different kind of missions)
- Comic cards: they have different stars like heroes, they are equipped to your characters and give extra bonus when upgraded.
- Antimatter: resource needed to upgrade your S.H.I.E.L.D lab.
When you level up your characters, skills are updated gaining more damage or less cooldown. Spending gold you upgrade them levelling skills up.
There’s also an option to preview skills in a custom arena, you can practice combos there or look into skills details.
Another main source of power to your characters, levelling it up gives permanent bonus. Gear also have a slot to put enchantments to improve even more your permanent stats. The enchantments are farmed in different stages, the location can be checked in-game when you tap on that enchantment.
Custom gear: a special gear made for each character boosting their whole stats. Also gains another buff.
Characters go from 1 to 6 stars. Raising to certain stars allows you to unlock new skills gaining additional stats and a higher-level cap. To rank up your characters you will need a specific amount of biometrics or other sources.
Marvel Future Fight have this mode to exchange biometrics into other kind of biometric, selecting two to get other different one. Also, the lab has a shop to buy items with gold or crystals.
Also warp device option is in this menu, here you will send your heroes to “explore” being away and after some time pass, they will come back with materials.
Tips and tricks
- Alliances are really important in this game since they unlock several game modes like PVP ones or Challenges.
- Always try to max your characters with the resources you have.
- The pool of your characters should be high enough to be able to compete in all different world bosses since as I said before they are the end-game mode.
Marvel Future Fight offers a really entertaining gameplay which is not really used in nowadays games, which is a mix of fighting game with some resource management and grinding. So you will have to think, not only to mash buttons to deal damage, since each character have a different element and go well against other heroes or not. Also there are lots of game modes, so if you are stuck in one, you can swap between others to get rewards, improve and keep going in your grind job.
I hope you enjoyed this article, if you want to read more articles about mobile games click here