Error Code BABOON is yet another common error code one gets upon disconnecting mid game from a server of Destiny 2.
Explanation of Code Baboon
This error code pops up when there is packet loss or disconnection between home network and Bungie servers. The reason for disconnection may be ISP saturation or just general internet congestion. If a person is using a WiFi connection or mobile hotspot, there is a chance that these connections might experience a blip or loss of signal leading to the Baboon error code. Given below is a list of few other possible reasons and methods to fix this error.
Reason 1: WiFi or Mobile Hotspot
Its always advisable to use a wired connection for gaming to avoid any kind of packet loss. However good the WiFi router may be, its always better to eliminate the source of error if possible.
Reason 2: Stuck in Error State
Some files might not get refreshed even after the error is fixed. In such cases the game needs to be shut forcefully and relaunched to get rid of the error state. This procedure is valid for both PCs and consoles.
- The user can simply close the game and launch it again.
- First the Xbox guide button is pressed.
- Then ‘Y’ is pressed to rerun to the dashboard.
For Xbox One:
- First the Xbox button is pressed while in game.
- Once the big application tile is highlighted, menu button is pressed.
- Lastly, ‘Quit’ option is selected.
For PlayStation 3:
- First the PS button is pressed and held for sometime.
- Next ‘Quit Game’ option followed by ‘Yes’ option is selected.
For PlayStation 4:
- First the PS button is presses and held for sometime.
- Next ‘Close Application’ option followed by ‘Yes’ option . Selected.
Featured Image Credits: Bungie