Weasel is a common error code encountered by many Destiny 2 players. In this article, we will be giving you complete information on Code Weasel error and how to fix it.
Explanation of Code Weasel
The major issue behind this error code is packet loss. In some cases it might be disconnections issues from Bungie’s server end, where in one can’t do anything but wait patiently. In case of user end problems, there are multiple possible reasons and solutions that are listed below:
Reason 1: WiFi Connection
Stop right there! Get a LAN cable already. Packet losses are obvious if the game is being played on WiFi or mobile internet connection. If the packet loss persists even after getting a proper internet connection and using lan to play then its time to switch ISP.
Reason 2: Bad Cables
In most cases the people who encountered this error code had bad or old worn out coax cables and splitter. Solution to this would be to call up the service provider and ask them to replace the cables and spliter. Worst case scenario, one can always do this on their own.
Reason 3: Clan Invites
If there is any pending clan invite then the error code weasel pops up. This is a minor bug which should be fixed by Bungie sooner or later. The error code pops up generally the moment when a clan leader invites a player to join their clan. The invited player gets a weasel error code sooner or later. Two possible solutions to counter this bug:
- The user can ask the clan admin to kick them out of the clan.
- Alternatively, they can head over to bungie.net and check for clan invites under the memberships page. If there are any, then they must join the clan and leave it immediately to fix the error.
Reason 4: PSN account error (PS Only)
This is another minor bug, but specific to PlayStaion only, which should be fixed by Bungie sooner or later. Till then the only solution would be to create another PlayStation Network account.
Reason 5: Destiny Mobile App
The destiny mobile app is a pretty handy app but recent reports suggest that unlinking it and uninstalling the app solves the weasel problem. Following steps below will be helpful to do the same:
- The user logs into bungie.net using any authentication method other than the destiny app.
- The user then clicks on Accounts and Linking option found under Settings page.
- The user then Clicks on ‘Unlink’ next to app authentication and uninstalls the app from their phone.
Voila, error fixed!
Reason 6: Faulty Cache(Xbox Only)
Before proceeding forward, please note that clearing Xbox cache might remove the saved games, so, sync and back up everything online. There are 2 ways to clear cache:
- Restarting Power Cycle
- The user presses the power button and holds it until the console shuts down.
- The user then removes the power cable from the Xbox and presses the power button few more times to drain out any remaining power left. This should clean up the cache memory.
- The user then reconnects the power cable to the Xbox. Before the Xbox is switched on, the light located near the cable must turn to orange from white.
- From Settings Menu
- The user navigates to Xbox One settings and clicks on Network > > Advanced Settings.
- The user then scrolls down to Alternate Mac Address option and chooses the ‘Clear’ option.
- The user will then be given another choice by Xbox if they want to continue as this will restart the console.
- The user then confirms his choice following which the console restarts and clears the cache along with it.
Featured Image Credits: Bungie