Wykrhm just dropped a bomb of a news a few hours ago. Dota Auto Chess has its own Battle Pass system now. It’s called a Custom Pass and it costs only $0.99 (69 INR) per month.
Dota Auto Chess now has a Custom Game Pass for you to purchase in Dota 2 — the pass unlocks premium content and support the creators of the mod — $0.99 USD/month. #Dota2 pic.twitter.com/uIfzo5neiD
— Wykrhm Reddy (@wykrhm) June 1, 2019
Dota Auto Chess Custom Pass
This pass activates premium content in the Dota Auto Chess custom game and supports the creators of this custom game. Owning a Dota Auto Chess Custom Game Pass will unlock:
- Golden border of your avatar, golden paint of your chat message, golden effect of your damage projectile.
- Daily First Win Bonus (5 bonus candy for your first top 3, and 5 bonus candy for your first top 1)
- Right to vote for special chess pieces, new chess pieces and chess pieces that require balancing.
- A Baby Roshan courier as your chess player on your first purchase.
Most importantly, a premium ticket supports the game and allows us to build content better, faster, more consistently.
100% of the game’s content will remain available to free tier players. Premium players just receive these quality of life benefits and support the game’s development.
Expires 30 days after purchase – From the in-game updates section.
The cosmetics that you get for this purchase are worth the $0.99 by themselves. Moreover, since you are getting extra candy because of this purchase, the returns from the custom pass will be more than its cost if you play the game frequently.
Getting to vote for new chess pieces and heroes that require rebalancing also sounds very exciting.
Along with the Custom Pass came the June 1st gameplay update as well. Let’s have a look at all the changes.
June 1st update
- New piece Added: Winter Wyvern ($1 Dragon Mage)
A 4th dragon, Winter Wyvern has been added into the game. Winter Wyvern is a Dragon Mage, and her ability is Cold Embrace. I haven’t done much testing on this hero but she seemed very annoying whenever I faced her on my board.
- New Mechanism: Target change: If the current target is physically immune while alternative targets are present in the attack range, chess pieces will now consider attacking other enemy pieces.
This mechanism was added just for Winter Wyvern’s ability. This is to prevent your units to attack a enemy unit under the effect of Cold Embrace. This mechnism is very helpful for ranged heroes, but I’ve noticed melee heroes hitting a unit even after Winter Wyvern used her ability on it, because they have no other enemy unit nearby to switch their aggro onto. Units will not try to move around while switching aggro, they will just stand in their own box, and see if there is anyone else they can reach. If not, they will just attack the cold embraced unit.
- If you didn’t get any droppable items from 5 consecutive neutral creep kills, you will be compensated a consumable item (Tango or Mango in random) for your Courier.
This is an incredible addition to the game. At least now you won’t be completely sad when you get 0 drops from neutrals over and over.
A Tango gives your courier 1-10 HP randomly when used. All you need to do is to use it on a tree.
A Mango gives 1-5 gold randomly when consumed.
- Balanced Sven’s God’s Strength bonus damage from 100%/200%/300% to 100%/150%/200%.
Sven has been considered as an OP unit ever since his recent introduction into Auto Chess. The reduction in bonus damage definitely hurts, but it’s still the same for 1* Sven at least.
- Io will no longer benefit from Auto Combination when on bench.
Although this has never happened to me, I’ve seen many people complain about it and its pretty obvious why. Just check out this clip and you’ll get it.
- Fixed a bug which secondary abilities (such as Fiery Soul and Acidic Spray) can be casted repeatedly when taunted by Axe’s Berserker’s Call.
I didn’t know this bug existed but I sure am happy to know that it has been removed.
Apart from these gameplay changes, we got a few visual updates as well.
- Redecorated Sladar, Viper, Tinker, Disruptor, Sniper, Abaddon, Death Prophet, Templar Assassin, Venomancer, Beastmaster and Necrophos with the latest TI9 theme cosmetic items.
- Fixed incorrect portrait views of Batrider and Abaddon.
That’s it for today’s update. If you would like to read more on Dota Auto Chess, click here.
I write about Auto Chess, Dota 2, Esports and Gaming in general. I’d love it if you followed me on Twitter and Facebook . Thanks for reading.