As we all know, Call of Duty is a highly reputed franchise, and most CoD fans were really excited about a mobile CoD game. Starting from December 15th 2018, the developers started releasing the Call of Duty: Mobile in closed beta for a few select countries. The game finally got a world-wide release on October 1st, 2019. Call of Duty: Mobile surpassed 35 million downloads on the Apple Store and Google Play on its first three days.
In this article, I will be discussing everything about the game, how to install it, and how to play it. Let’s get started right from the scratch!
Before getting into the game-play, I recommend you guys to adjust the game settings to your liking. Call of Duty: Mobile provides a lot of different options to customize the game. To access the settings, click on the gear icon at the top right of the main-menu.
Controls: In the controls section, you can choose between simple-mode and advanced mode. I recommend you to always choose the advanced mode because it is simply superior, and allows you to do a lot more in game, than the simple-mode.
The advanced mode lets you choose a different shooting mode for each gun and it also allows you to create a custom layout of all the different buttons that show up when you are playing the game. Button Layout is completely personal preference, and I recommend you to play around with it a little bit, and you will get better at it with time.
Basic: Just as the name suggests, you will find the most basic FPS game settings in this menu. All the options are pretty much self-explanatory.
Audio and Graphics: The Audio and Graphics menu doesn’t have too many options, but it is still quite impressive for a mobile game. You can change your graphic quality, graphic style, frame-rate and audio-settings in this menu.
Sensitivity: Pretty much self-explanatory once again, this menu gives you a lot of options to customize your camera sensitivity, firing sensitivity etc. If you are very serious about the game, you should be experimenting with the Sensitivity menu for at least 1 whole week before you settle down with your choices.
BR Settings: The developers made a separate settings menu, specifically for the Battle Royale mode. If you have played any Battle Royale game before, this menu is very simple and well-made.
Quick Message: In this menu, you can customize your `Quick-Message` list.
Language: You can change the game language in this menu.
Now that we’re done with all the settings, let’s get into the game. Call of Duty: Mobile is a free-to-play first-person shooter mobile game. It was developed by Timi Studios and published by Activision for Android and iOS. TiMi Studios is a subsidiary of Tencent Games, which is known amongst gamers as the world’s largest gaming company. This by itself gives us a lot of expectations for this game.
When you launch Call of Duty: Mobile for the first time, the game gives you a very well-structured tutorial. The tutorial teaches you how to use the UI of the game, and it also teaches you all the basic gameplay elements. Once you are done with the tutorial, it will be pretty clear that this game has a lot of depth.
For a Mobile FPS game, Call of Duty: Mobile really sets a new standard. The movement is very fluid, the shooting is intense and the general premise of the game is very exciting.
As you play the game, you gain experience points. With these experience points, you can level up and unlock various weapons, operator skills and perks.
To see what all you can unlock, click on your player banner at the top-left of the main menu and scroll through all the different rewards at the bottom. Currently, level 150 is the maximum level, and you unlock the M4LMG Crimson Vampire weapon with it.
Along with you, your weapons also gain experience points and level up as you use them. Each weapon can be levelled up to 10. Levelling up doesn’t improve the stats of the weapon, but with each level you unlock attachments that allow you to customize the weapon.
Call of Duty: Mobile has a lot of different game-modes, and we will be discussing about each one of them.
Frontline: Frontline is the simplest game-mode in Call of Duty: Mobile. It is a classic 5v5 shoot-out where each team starts on its own side of the map. There’s a total of 7 maps in the game, and you will need different tactics to win on different maps.
Team Deathmatch: Team Deathmatch is very similar to Frontline. The only difference between Deathmatch and Frontline is that you spawn near your team if you die instead of the spawn-point of your team like in Frontline. This means that positioning of your team is very important in Team Deathmatch. If they are in a bad spot and you respawn near them, its like feeding kills to the opponents.
Domination: Domination is the zone-control game-mode for Call of Duty: Mobile. There are 3 zones in domination, one belonging to each team, and one in the middle. Every zone your team captures, gives you 1 point for every 4 seconds that you keep that zone. The team that gets 100 points first, wins the game.
Search and Destroy: Search and Destroy consists of 10 rounds, and every player has only 1 Health in each round. In the first 5 rounds, one of the teams’ objective is to detonate a bomb in one of two locations, and the other team tries to stop them. After 5 rounds, the defending team tries to detonate a bomb for the next 5 rounds, and the other team tries to stop them. The game is over as soon as one of the teams win 6 rounds.
Battle Royale: Call of Duty: Mobile’s Battle Royale mode follows the same general structure of any Battle Royale game, but adds a lot of fresh elements to make it more exciting.
- In the Battle Royale mode, you get to choose a character from 7 different classes. Each character class has its own special ability and advantages.
- There is a boss location on the map. The boss is not very hard to kill but drops a lot of rare loot. The main danger here is to let enemies know your location by shooting the boss.
- Vehicles have weapons attached to them, and these weapons are very strong. You can also fly helicopters in this game.
Everything about the Battle-Royale mode is the same as other BR games.
6th Upcoming Game-mode: Activision announced that they will be releasing a 6th game-mode to Call of Duty: Mobile. This game already has so much variety and we will be getting another game-mode entirely. Very exciting.
Apart from the Battle Royale mode, which only has 1 map as of now, all the other game-modes are played on classic maps from the history of the franchise:
- Crash from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Crossfire from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Killhouse from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Firing Range from Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Hijacked from Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Standoff from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Takeoff from a map that appears in the Apocalypse map pack in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Raid from Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty Online.
In Call of Duty: Mobile, you are rewarded with a few perks if you go on a killing spree without dying. You get your first perk at 400 points, and you keep getting more of them as you get more kills. Here’s a table showing all the perks that you can get.
How to install and play Call of Duty: Mobile on BlueStacks
If you are a PC gamer and you like Call of Duty: Mobile, don’t worry whatsoever. You can play Call of Duty: Mobile on your PC using BlueStacks. BlueStacks is the best Android emulator in the business, and they take special care to make sure that all mobile games are easily accessible and fully compatible on their application. They currently have over 370+ million users playing Mobile games on their application in over 212 countries and territories.
Follow these steps to install and play Call of Duty: Mobile on BlueStacks:
1. Download Call of Duty: Mobile from BlueStacks’ website.
2. Run the downloaded file. This is the BlueStacks installer.
3. Complete the one-time setup.
4. Click on the Call of Duty: Mobile icon in the main menu.
5. BlueStacks will prompt you to login to your Google account for the Play Store.
6. After you sign-in, it will redirect you to the Call of Duty: Mobile page on the Play Store. Click on Install.
7. Once installation completes, click the Call of Duty: Mobile icon on the BlueStacks Home Screen to open the game.
You’re all done! Enjoy playing Call of Duty: Mobile on your PC.
Enabling high graphics and high FPS for Call of Duty: Mobile on BlueStacks
BlueStacks came up with a new update for their application, just for Call of Duty: Mobile. After installing this update, you can play the game with high graphics and FPS. You can download this version (version: 184.108.40.2062) by clicking here.
After downloading and updating BlueStacks, please make sure to clear Call of Duty: Mobile’s game data before using the following steps:
- Launch Call of Duty: Mobile and click on the gear icon to open the game settings as shown below in the screenshot.
- Click on the ‘AUDIO AND GRAPHICS’ tab in settings.
- Here, you will see options to set the graphics quality and frame rate. Select ‘Medium’ for graphics quality and ‘High’ for frame rate as shown below in the screenshot. The “Max” graphics quality setting is only available in the “OnePlus3T” device profile, if you are using other device profiles, you may switch to OnePlus3T with the help of this article by BlueStacks.
- Now enable high frame rates in BlueStacks as shown below. You may also refer to this article by BlueStacks for customizing all the settings.
So now you have installed Call of Duty: Mobile, and you have it ready to go at the highest settings. All you need to do now is click on the Start button and slay your foes!
Please do not hesitate to comment down below if you have any questions about the installation process or any thing else. I mainly write about Dota Underlords, Dota 2, Esports and Gaming in general. I also write on Mobile games occasionally, like this one. I’d love it if you followed me on Twitter and Facebook. Thanks for reading!
Would you like to subscribe to this post?